10 Jan 2018

, ,

Book Review / $10,000,000 Marriage Proposal by James Paterson and Hilary Liftin


Will you marry me for $10,000,000?

I am a creative, open-minded businessman with limited time and desire to play the field. This is a serious proposal.

A mysterious billboard intrigues three single women in LA. But who is this Mr. Right? And is he the perfect match for the lucky winner?













Published:     20th October 2016
Publisher:  Book Shots
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Owned, Audiobook




MY REVIEW

Where to start...  I honestly picked this up because it was the start of the year and I thought this would be a quick read to get through to get the reading ball rolling.  How could you go wrong with a cute little romance?  Well,  as you can see I didn't really enjoy this one and this is why.  Firstly, it was predictable.  Everything that you would expect to happen happened.  No surprises whatsoever.  Next, you have the main character who you see at the beginning as being a fairly smart individual, capable of making her own decisions but as the story goes on that changes.  She applies for this 'competition' at the insistence of her mother (given the incentive of if you go ahead with this I will give you $500) and carries on from what we are told is curiosity and not for the money, which I found very hard to believe.  Why would you enter a competition like this to marry a man you don't know and not want to win the money?!

Honestly, I lost interest in this story about halfway through but I have to admit that I was intrigued to find out what would happen at the end.  The end was meh.  I wasn't thrilled by it but wasn't surprised by it either.

Overall, this was predictable and not very interesting to me at all.  I don't think I will be picking up any more bookshots based on this (unless someone can persuade me otherwise...)


0 comments: