23 Nov 2017

,

Book Review / The Shock by Marc Raabe


A THRILLER THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PUT DOWN - FOR FANS OF TANIA CARVER AND M. J. ARLIDGE.

When Laura Bjely goes missing during a storm on the Cote d'Azur, the only thing her friend Jan finds is her smartphone - with a disturbing film in the memory.

Back in Berlin, Jan's neighbour is discovered with a bloody message left on her forehead.

As Jan searches for answers about what happened to Laura, he is thrown into a nightmare of madness and murder.

An exhilarating and merciless psychological thriller from the author of The Cut.





Published:     24th August 2017
Publisher:  Bonnier Zaffre
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher



MY REVIEW

I have to admit that this book fitted into the catagory of 'this one is just not for me'.  I had a few issues that I just could not get past with this one.  Firstly, it was a lot more disturbing than I had imagined with a lot of what I believed were graphic sex scenes that I just did not get on well with.  That's just not my thing, so any stories with that in immediately turn me off.  I also found this story to be slow paced with not a lot of twists and turns, which is not what I was expecting and mixed with the above and the fact that I didn't really like the ending - I didn't enjoy this one.

That said there was one aspect that I did like and that was the investigating into Laura's background.  I liked that part as there was a hint of mystery of the unknown. 

0 comments: