16 Jan 2017

,

Book Review / Trouble Makes a Comeback by Stephanie Tromly

“How do you like life in the fast lane?” Digby said. “Is it everything you thought it would be?”

Good question.


Achieving high school “normal” wasn’t as hard as Zoe Webster expected, but she’s beginning to think Hollywood oversold how much fun it all is. Isn’t dating a jock supposed to be one long Instagram dream? Shouldn’t she enjoy gossiping 24/7 with her two BFFs? And isn’t this, the last year before the finish line that is Princeton, meant to be one of her best? If “normal” is the high school goal, why can’t Zoe get Philip Digby—decidedly abnormal, completely chaotic, possibly unbalanced, undoubtedly rude, and somehow…entirely magnetic—out of her mind?

However normal Zoe’s life finally is, it’s about to get blown up (metaphorically. This time. She hopes, anyway.*) when Digby shows up on her doorstep. Again. Needing her help to find his kidnapped sister. Still. Full of over-the-top schemes and ready to send Zoe’s life into a higher gear. Again.

It’s time for Zoe Webster to choose between staying in the normal lane, or taking a major detour with Digby (and finally figuring out what that stolen kiss actually meant to him).

Guess which she chooses?

* This is a mistake; Zoe should know better than to expect there not to be explosions when Digby is in town.


Published:     22nd November 2016
Publisher:  Kathy Dawson Books
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 2, Trouble
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher




MY REVIEW

What I liked about this book...   This was such a fun book to read.  Nothing complicated, just fun.  What I liked the most was the character Digby.  I had to remind myself quite a lot that he was probably just a teenager or a young adult because most of the things that he comes out with or does is just so 'grown up' and very 'detective like' it seems like he could pass for a middle age detective as well but that's what he's meant to sound like I believe.  That's what makes the character great.  


What I didn't like about this book...   Now, when picking up and reading this book I had not realised that this was book 2 in a series or duology.   There was nothing on the cover and nothing in the description.   It was only when reading the book I had a 'sixth sense' feeling that there was a lot of back story that I was not being told in this story and not in a good way.  It was more in a 'I am definitely missing part of the story' kind of way.  Had I known that there was a book before this one I would have read that one first.  Although you can read this book as a stand alone, I have to confess that I would have preferred to have read the first book to get the back story of the characters before digging into this one. 

0 comments: