27 Oct 2016

, ,

Book Review / The Day I Lost You by Fionnuala Kearney




THE DAY I LOST YOU WAS THE DAY I DISCOVERED I NEVER REALLY KNEW YOU

When Jess’s daughter, Anna, is reported lost in an avalanche, everything changes.

Jess’s first instinct is to protect Rose, Anna’s five-year-old daughter. But then she starts to uncover Anna’s other life - unearthing a secret that alters their whole world irrevocably . . 


THE DAY I LOST YOU WAS THE DAY YOU TORE OUR FAMILY APART   






Published:     22nd September 2016
Publisher:  Harper
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher


MY REVIEW

What I liked about this story...  Oh, this story was good.  Really good.  Not having read a story from this author before, I wasn't sure what I was getting into but I just could not put this book down!  

The main character of this story I would say is Jess, the mother of Anna who disappeared in an avalanche while skiing abroad.  Anna has a daughter who Jess now takes care of.  This book just had great suspense as we follow Jess learning more and more about her daughter that she never knew before.  There is an explosive twist in this story that I have to admit I suspected but didn't know for sure until it was revealed.  It definitely turned the story around.  Although a heartbreaking story, it did have happy moments too; a great balance of the two.  




0 comments: