22 Sept 2016

,

Series Review / The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin



Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.

Published:     Book 1 (2011), Book 2 (2012) & Book 3 (2014)
Publisher:  Simon Pulse
Goodreads :  Book 1     Book 2    Book 3

Series or Stand-Alone:  Trilogy
Source:  Owned



MY REVIEW

What I liked about this story...   The mystery of the story was the best part for me.  What happened to Mara and her friends in the accident?  What was happening to her now?  I really wanted to know more.  The more Mara found out the more I wanted to know what else was going to happen. 


What I didn't like about this story...  This is one of those trilogies that I honestly did really enjoy reading but the story just didn't stick with me afterwards.  Its a good thing that I take notes as I really couldn't remember a lot of the story or the characters.  Its not that the story wasn't good or the characters weren't interesting but the story wasn't memorable for me. 


In summary...   Interesting romance with a great mystery/thriller twist to it.  A very easy read with no complications.  

0 comments: