4 Aug 2016

,

Book Review / Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton





 Anna is dreading another tourist-filled summer on Dune Island that follows the same routine: beach, ice cream, friends, repeat. That is, until she locks eyes with Will, the gorgeous and sweet guy visiting from New York. Soon, her summer is filled with flirtatious fun as Anna falls head over heels in love.

But with every perfect afternoon, sweet kiss, and walk on the beach, Anna can't ignore that the days are quickly growing shorter, and Will has to leave at the end of August. Anna's never felt anything like this before, but when forever isn't even a possibility, one summer doesn't feel worth the promise of her heart breaking...






Published:     3rd May 2011
Publisher:  Simon Pulse
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 1, Sixteenth Summer
Source:  Owned



MY REVIEW

What I liked about this story...   This was a very cute summer read.  I liked the fact that you have two people who meet, fall in love and have to figure out what happens next.  OK there's nothing new about that plot line but I love those kind of reads in the summer.  What I found funny was the fact that Anna's parents run an ice cream shop but instead of serving the usual flavours they sell all different mixtures which sound terrible but no doubt taste amazing in real life!  If you are looking for an easy, laid back beach read this is a good one to pick up.

What I didn't like about this story...  I hadn't realised when I read this book that it was part of a series and honestly I probaby won't contnue with it, no that it was awful or anything like that but honestly it hasn't been that long since I finished this book but I can't remember most of the plotline or some of the characters.  I will say that I enjoyed it while I was reading and maybe if I picked up the second book right after finishing this one I may have gotten into the story a bit more.

0 comments: