3 Jul 2016

,

Book Review / We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

To avoid spoilers, as this is book 3 in a trilogy below is the description of book 1.  For a link to the Goodreads page for this book, please see below.

Belly measures her life in summers. 

Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. 

They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. 

But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.


Published:     26th April 2011
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 3, Summer
Source:  Owned



REVIEW

Have you ever read a trilogy and wished that it had finished at book 2?  Unfortunately this was that book for me.  It's not that its a bad book, it was really good and really fun to read but it was that love triangle that I found drawn out and irritating.  Its more my personal preference than a reflection on the author I should add.  I have a love hate relationship with love triangles in stories.  In the right circumstance it could be really good but in this case you had Belly who was in love with one but in a relationship with the other.  To me that didn't make sense.  Why be in a relationship with someone if you are in love with someone else?  And, in that relationship if someone does something unforgivable do you take them back straight away, all forgiven?  I certainly wouldn't.  Needless to say, there were some decisions made in this book by certain characters that I definitely disagreed with!

But apart from that, this was a really fun read but I think when I re-read this trilogy again (which I definitely will do) I might skip this last book. 


 

0 comments: