28 Jul 2016

,

Book Review / The Blue Bottle Club by Penelope J Stokes

Four friends gathered in a cold, dusty attic on Christmas day to make a solemn pact.

“Our dreams for the future,” they whispered, placing tiny pieces of paper into a shimmering blue bottle.

But that event happened in 1929, and it is decades later when local news reporter Brenna Delaney stumbles upon that bottle . . . and into the most meaningful story of her career.

Life has taken those four girls’ dreams of love, fame, and faith on a path fraught with seduction, betrayal, and loss. Little has turned out as expected—and yet every choice, every tear has led each of them to a special place.

Brenna’s search will uncover the secrets of that Blue Bottle Club . . . and her own life will never be the same.




Published:     12th December 2011
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand Alone
Source:  Owned

MY REVIEW

What I liked about this book...  This book has been on my bookshelf for ages!  This was one of those ones that I saw someone do a review of, loved the sound of it, bought it but never got around to reading it.  I am so glad that I decided to pick this one up finally!  I loved it.  You have Brenna who is a reporter who is given the Blue Bottle (the one that the four friends had left their wishes in many many years before) and goes on a mission to find these women and see what they are doing now.  This book sends such great messages with each and every woman's story.  The message I took from this is that no matter what your wishes are when you are younger, your life may have not turned out how you thought it would be but that does not mean that its not just as good as you had hoped or even better!


What I didn't like about this book...  I would have loved to have seen more of Brenna's story.  I know that this story was more about the four women who left their wishes in the blue bottle but this story left me thinking that I would have loved to have heard a bit more about Brenna and her back story.  

I know that I will definitely be looking into more stories by this author!


0 comments: