25 Jul 2016

,

Book Revew / After You by Jojo Moyes

To avoid spoilers, below is a description of book 1 in this duology, Me Before You.

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.




Published:     29th September 2015
Publisher:  Penguin
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 2, Me Before You
Source:  Owned

MY REVIEW

I have to be honest and say that I was very sceptical when it came to reading this book.  I really wasn't sure that I wanted to read it, not because I didn't think it would be good but because after reading Me Before You (which I loved) would this second book match up to how much I loved the first book?  After looking at some reviews I decided to bite the bullet and read it.  I am so glad that I did.  What this second book lacked in emotion compared to the first book it made up for in the surprise that turns up at Lou's doorsteps and what she does next.  Not only does she rise to the occasion but she goes above and beyond, I believe, to do what is right.

This second book is so much more than just what happens with Lou next after the first book, more storyline and more characters to meet.  If you haven't already, give this second book a go.  It's worth it, believe me.








0 comments: