12 Nov 2015

,

Book Review / Dark Visions Trilogy by LJ Smith

GIFTED AND CURSED

Kaitlyn Fairchild has always felt like an outsider. Her haunting eyes and prophetic drawings have earned her a reputation as a witch. But Kait's not a witch: she's psychic. Tired of being shunned, Kait accepts an invitation to attend the Zetes Institute, where she can study with other psychic teens and have a fresh start.

As Kaitlyn learns to hone her abilities with four other gifted students, she starts to discover the intensity of her power - and the joy of having true friends. But those friendships quickly become complicated when Kait finds herself torn between two irresistible guys. Rob is a healer - kind and gentle, he's surrounded by good energy, while Gabriel is aggressive and mysterious - a telepath concealing his true nature. Together, Rob and Gabriel's opposing forces start to threaten the group's stability, and when an experiment traps the five teens in a psychic link - a link that threatens their sanity and their lives - Kaitlyn must decide who to trust and who to love...


Published:     3rd September 2009
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Books 1, 2 & 3, Dark Visions
Source:  Owned

Well, I thought it was about time I read this one since it has been on my shelf since it came out in 2009!!!  I am, at the moment, working through my massive TBR pile at home and attempting to read all of the books I own rather than buying new ones and reading those.  I bought those old ones for a reason and its about time I got to it!  This one was one of those and after obsessively watching The Vampire Diaries, catching up on past seasons, I was really feeling like I wanted more from this author so I decided to pick this up.  I am so glad that I did. 

LJ Smith just has a way of grabbing your attention from the first page and never letting you go until the very end.  Luckily each of these three books in this bind up are about 250 pages approx each so it really didn't take too long to read them.  You have Kaitlyn who can predict the future through drawing.   She goes to this institute with other people with similar abilities some make friends and some don't.  There is a somewhat live triangle type situation going on in this trilogy but it wasn't one that was the main story, more of a backstory.  There is a great mixture of good versus bad in this story with you not knowing who was who at some points.  For the most part this trilogy was very predictable but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 





 

1 comments:

Kara Rutledge said...

Actually, the book was originally published in 1994 by Archway Paperback. :) I read this a 15-year teenager and loved it.