1 Oct 2015

,

Book Review / Has to be Love by Jolene Perry

Years ago, Clara survived a vicious bear attack. She's used to getting sympathetic looks around town, but meeting strangers is a different story. 

Yet her dreams go far beyond Knik, Alaska, and now she's got a secret that's both thrilling and terrifying--an acceptance letter from Columbia University. But it turns out her scars aren't as fixable as she hoped, and when her boyfriend begins to press for a forever commitment, she has second thoughts about New York. 

Then Rhodes, a student teacher in her English class, forces her to acknowledge her writing talent, and everything becomes even more confusing--especially with the feelings she's starting to have about him. 

Now all Clara wants to do is hide from the tough choices she has to make. When her world comes crashing down around her, Clara has to confront her problems and find her way to a decision. 

Will she choose the life of her dreams or the life that someone she loves has chosen? Which choice is scarier?

Published:     1st September 2015
Publisher:  AW Teen
Author Website:  Click here
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher



What I liked about this story...    The story of Clara was what made me want to read this book.  You have a character that has been hurt (bothy physically by the bear attack and mentally from the aftermath) and I was very interested to follow her story, rooting for her to get better and start her life.  After she got the university acceptance it was interesting to see her reaction to that. 

What I didn't like with this story...    I am afraid to say that for me this book was one of those that I was intrigued enough by the story and the characters to want to finish but there were many moments where I nearly did not finish this at all.  I found Clara to be very weak and although that was expected at the beginning I had hoped that she would become a lot stronger as the story went on but the story really concentrated on a love triangle between Clara, Rhodes and her boyfriend and I just couldn't form any attachments to the characters which I wished I could have done.







 

0 comments: