22 Jun 2015

,

Book Review / Pieces of You by Ella Harper

Lucy,
I don’t even know how to start this letter.
Something happened. Something terrible . . .


Lucy was always sure of one thing – her future with husband and soulmate Luke. But after eight long, heartbreaking years trying to have a baby, that future is crumbling before her eyes.
 

 When a terrible accident puts Luke into a coma, Lucy is forced to reassess everything she thought she wanted.

Then a woman arrives with a shocking secret that will force Lucy to make the hardest decision of her life.

As compelling and powerful as Jojo Moyes and Liane Moriarty, Pieces of You is a heart-rending, haunting and ultimately life-affirming novel about a love tested to its limits.


Published:     14th August 2014
Publisher:  Avon
Author Website:  Click here
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher




My Review

What I loved about this story...
This is such an emotional roller coaster of a book... Happy, sad, funny, heartbreaking...  I actually read this book in one sitting mainly because the story was so engrossing I just couldn't pull myself away from it.  How could so many bad things happen to one person and one family?  With this story I got a great sense of family - sticking together through thick and thin.

This story was split into different time periods.  You have from the moment Lucy and Luke first met and follow their story from the beginning in glimpses and you have present day.

Along with following Lucy and Luke you have different perspectives of the story in the present day.  Obviously you have Lucy and Luke's perspective but you also have a couple of other perspectives and lives to follow, which I won't spoil you with that were interesting to follow and not at all confusing.  For me this story was slow paced which was good considering the subject matter of the story.  I felt that it gave plenty of time to absorb what was happening more that way. 


What I was not fond of with this story...
I did find this story very predictable.  Although there is a twist in this book I was kind of expecting it but that didn't affect the fact that I enjoyed reading this story.

  









0 comments: