10 Jan 2015

, , , ,

Reading Challenges for 2015



It's that time again, for the New Year reading challenges to begin.  I can't wait.  Reading challenges are one of the main motivatins when reading and keeps me going throughout the year even when you are either in a reading slump or are just not getting into the books you are reading at the time.  

This year I decided that I would not have too many challenges but just keep to three but make them big ones...  So here we go, these are my challenges for this year:


This is a pretty standard challenge that I set myself each year.  For the past couple of years I have only got to about 80 books but I like to set myself a high target which gives me more motivation to pick up the next book and next book etc.  I find that 100 is a good number to aim to.  I'm ok with the fact that I may not get there but its the journey to getting there is the fun part for me.  




This is the third year I have hosted the Big Book Challenge on Goodreads and particiated.  In the past, I have found that in a hurry to get to my 100 book challenge I forget to pick up the bigger books of 400+ pages as they obviously take longer to read.  Taking part in this challenge reminds me that I need to not only pick up the shorter books but the bigger ones also.  




For the past couple of years I have tried to set myself the 'read my own books' challenge but didn't really read as many as I wanted to.  When I heard that BenjaminofTomes had set a challenge called #ProjectTBR I decided that I would join in with this and make this the year of the TBR!  Check out Ben's video below:






Fingers crossed for the New Year!  I can't wait to get started!

I wish you all well with your reading this year and well with any challenges you may have set yourself!

Best wishes

Debs :-)







0 comments: