11 Jan 2015

Book Review / The Ice Twins by S K Tremeyne

A year after one of their identical twin daughters, Lydia, dies in an accident, Angus and Sarah Moorcraft move to the tiny Scottish island Angus inherited from his grandmother, hoping to put together the pieces of their shattered lives.

But when their surviving daughter, Kirstie, claims they have mistaken her identity – that she, in fact, is Lydia – their world comes crashing down once again.

As winter encroaches, Angus is forced to travel away from the island for work, Sarah is feeling isolated, and Kirstie (or is it Lydia?) is growing more disturbed. When a violent storm leaves Sarah and her daughter stranded, Sarah finds herself tortured by the past – what really happened on that fateful day one of her daughters died?



Published:     29th January 2015
Publisher:  Harper Collins
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher
Review:   5 out of 5
 

My Review

What I loved about this story...
I really cannot explain to you how much I enjoyed this story.  What I loved the most was the suspense in this book.  At the start you have Angus and Sarah Moorcraft who are the parents of twins, one of whom died and one lived.  As the story progresses, you see each of the mum, dad and surviving twin trying to come to terms with the loss of the other twin and when the surviving twin makes a claim that she is not in fact the twin they thought she was, things get turned upside down.  There are a lot of what ifs in this story and I think every thought imaginable came into my head when trying to figure out what on earth was going on.  Along with the suspense, there is also a creepy aspect of it which I won't explain too much as I don't want to spoil the story. 

This is such a great first novel by this author and I am definitely looking forward to more books by this author.






0 comments: