24 Sept 2013

♥♥ Book Review / Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand ♥♥


It's June 15th, the night of Nantucket High School graduation. Four juniors are driving home from a party when something goes horribly wrong and there is a crash. 

The driver of the car, Penny Alistair, is killed, and her twin brother, Hobby Alistair, is left in a coma. Penny's boyfriend, Jake Randolph, and Penny's friend Demeter Castle are unhurt--but suffer tremendous emotional damage. 

Jake and his family move to the other side of the globe--to the west coast of Australia--in order to escape the horrors of the accident. Demeter falls prey to alcohol abuse and other self-destructive behaviors that nearly lead to her destroying her own life.


Published:     26th June 2013
Publisher:  Hodder
Goodreads :  Click here
Series:  Not part of a series
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher
Review:   7 out of 10

FOR VIDEO REVIEWS - http://www.youtube.com/user/DebrasBookCafe


What I loved about this book...

I absolutely loved the drama and suspense build up in this story.  You have the accident that happens and from then on it is pretty much a guessing game about what actually happened at the accident and the the events that lead up to it.  Although I did guess what had happened well before getting to the end, for the me the journey leading up to the discovery was the best part. 

There are a lot of twists and turns in this story, some surprising, some sad and some happy and that certainly kept me on my toes. 

What I was not fond of with this book...

I did have a little bit of trouble getting into this book to start with, as there were quite a few characters to get to grips with, but that was really all I had trouble with in this book...

Summary...

I really enjoyed this book.  Great drama and excellent suspense.  For me, this book was very much a guessing game; trying to find out what happened and why.   For those of you who like detective books or thriller style books or want to try one out, this is a great one to pick up.

Video Review...

 

Best wishes
Debs :-)






0 comments: