19 Sept 2013

♥♥ Book Review / The Gravity of Birds by Tracy Guzeman ♥♥


A haunting debut of love in all its forms, The Gravity of Birds perfectly
captures the devastating consequences betrayal can have through the decades, echoing right through to the present day.

Perfect for fans of Kate Morton and Maggie O’Farrell.

Sisters Alice and Natalie were once close, but adolescence has wrenched them apart. Alice is a dreamer who loves books and birds; Natalie is headstrong, manipulative – and beautiful. On their lakeside family holiday, Alice falls under the thrall of a struggling young painter,Thomas Bayber. Natalie, however, seems strangely unmoved, tolerating sittings for a family portrait with surprising indifference. But by the end of the summer, three lives are shattered.

Decades later, Thomas, now a world-renowned artist, reveals the existence of a portrait of himself with Alice and Natalie from that fateful summer. The sisters themselves have disappeared without a trace. And Thomas is torn between taking the secrets of the girls to the grave, or using the painting to resurrect the past before it closes up on them all for good…


Published:     15th August 2013
Publisher:  Harper Collins
Goodreads :  Click here
Series:  N/A
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher
Review:   100000000000 out of 10

FOR VIDEO REVIEWS - http://www.youtube.com/user/DebrasBookCafe



What I loved about this book...

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this book.  This story had the perfect element of suspense and romance, it had me sitting on the edge of my seat the whole way through...  I liked the way the author laid out the story in front of you, piece by piece, revealing a bit more information each time.  It is very rare that I come along a story where I cannot guess what was going to happen at the end but this story really surprised me.  Just when I thought the story had revealed all its secrets, oh look there's a bit more...

To me, this story has many stories running through it.  You have the story of Alice and Natalie back when they were younger, the story of Thomas from when he was younger to present day when he is a world-renowed artist, the story of what is happening now with Alice and Natalie and what happened between the past and the present, the story of two professions who are employed to search out some people (won't tell you too much about that, as it would spoil the story) and the story of what happens when all the above come together.

What I was not fond of about this book...

Absolutely nothing....

Summary...

This was an absolutely amazing read for me.  This story has so many twists and turns, it definately kept me on my toes.  There were times in this story where I laughed and cried and sometimes both at the same time.  I would highly recommend the story to everyone who loves a good dramatic mystery story and for those who want to give it a try, this is an amazing one to start with.

Video Review ...



Best wishes

Debs

0 comments: