30 Jun 2013

Book Review / If I Should Die by Amy Plum


Below is the blurb for Die for Me, the first book in the series. 

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


Published:    7th May 2013
Publisher:  Harper 
Goodreads :  Click here
Series:  Book 3, Revenants
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher

Review:   10 out of 10


What I loved about this book…

Everything!  It was a little while ago when I read the first two books in the series and I did worry about not being able to pick up the story but the writer did a fantastic catch up job.  Within the first chapter or two I was immediately caught up and remember but then again with some fantastic stories they just don’t leave you.

With this story we are back in France and a reminder of another thing I really enjoyed at this series and that is the wonderful descriptions of scenery, atmosphere and people.  Its just as if you are standing right there, smelling the wonderfully French cheese and bread etc…   Even some of the characters speak French now and again…

What I was not fond of about this book…

Although I cannot say too much about this as I don’t want to spoil it for those of you who have not read the trilogy yet, I will say that there was a brand new question that sprung up for me when reading this book that left me wondering whether there may be another book in this trilogy or maybe a prequel or a spin off or something like that.  I hope there will be otherwise it would be sad not to know the answer to the question I have.  Let’s just say that there is an aspect to a main character that you find out and it would be good to know more about the history of the main character and their family to find out why what happened happened.

In summary…

There were quite a few questions that I had after reading the first two books and they were definitely answered in this final book, apart from one question that arose that has made me wonder about a possible another book or spin off in the series

An absolutely fantastic end to a trilogy that I would highly recommend.

Video Review...


Best wishes

Debs J


0 comments: