15 Mar 2013

Book Review: Hidden by Marianne Curley

For as long as Ebony can remember, she's been sheltered. Confined to her home in a secluded valley, home-schooled by her protective parents, and limited to a small circle of close friends. It's as if she's being hidden. But something is changing in Ebony. Something that can't be concealed. She's growing more beautiful by the day, she's freakishly strong, and then there's the fact that she's glowing.

On one fateful night, Ebony meets Jordan and she's intensely drawn to him. It's as if something explodes inside of her--something that can be seen from the heavens. Ebony still doesn't know that she's a stolen angel, but now that the heavens have found her, they want her back.



 Published:    25th June 2013
Publisher:  Bloomsbury
Goodreads :  Click here
Series:  Book 1, Avena Series
Source:  Review Copy
Review:   6 out of 10


What I loved about this story...

This was a very interesting story for me.  I have to admit that I have had Old Magic by Marianne Curley on my shelf for a while now but have not picked this up yet and when I received this for review I thought this was a great time to get into Marianne Curley's writing style.  I really did enjoy her laid back style of writing, plenty of description, which helped me get into Ebony's world.   
  
I found this story to be very predictable, which in some stories that can be a bit annoying but for this story I really enjoyed the fact that I had already predicted what was going to happen next as it helped me to concentrate more on the world and the characters.

What I was not fond of ...

For me, the story has quite a slow pace.  It took a while for the story to get going and it seemed like each stage was drawn out more than what it needed to me.  I felt that this story could have been either more fast paced or shorter in length as there were times where I have to admit I did struggle keeping my attention.

In summary...

This story was an ok story for me but I am definitely looking forward to checking out the next book in the series, to find out what happens next.

Best wishes

Debs

0 comments: