15 Jan 2013

Book Review; Finished being Fat by Betsy Schow

Not everyone can win the race, but everyone can finish it.
Find the strength to conquer even your most daunting goals in this inspiring account of one woman’s journey to the life of her dreams. It all started the morning Betsy Schow woke up ten pounds heavier than the month before and surrounded by the clutter of halfhearted projects and discarded hobbies. She decided she’d had enough.


What followed in her quest to wish away the extra 75 pounds around her middle accidentally changed her life for good. Using her Philosophy of Finishing, Betsy snowballed her efforts from weight loss into a bucket list of seemingly impossible dreams. Now she’s here to share the simple secret to her incredible success.


Whether your goal is losing weight, running a marathon, cleaning out the basement, or all of the above, this informative book will teach you how to achieve more than you ever thought possible without sacrificing your sanity or your sense of humor.


Published:   8th January 2013
Publisher:  Cedar Fort
Goodreads:  Click here
Source:  Review Copy from Author

My Review      9 out of 10

So, its a new year with yet another New Year's resolution made.  I have vowed this year will be the year that I get my bum in gear and lose some weight.  Over the last couple of years I have tried numerous diets etc with no success so this year I am going with the 'mind over matter' theory.  Reading up as much as I can and just give my life a healthy balance.  

I really enjoyed this book and following Betsy's story.  I viewed this book as more of a self-help book than a guide as such, a very inspiring story.  I often start things and not complete them, especially when it comes to diets and this book definitely inspired me to really get things finished, persevere and not give up. 

A really great inspirational read for all those of you who are either wanting to lose weight or just need a bit of inspiration in finishing goals...

Best wishes

Debs
   

0 comments: