29 Dec 2012

Book Review: Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones

Imagine waking up in a snow globe...

That’s how travel journalist Krista feels when she arrives in magical Quebec to report on Canada's glittering Winter Carnival.

Over ten sub-zero days Krista's formerly frozen heart begins to melt as she discovers an enchanting world of ice palaces, husky dog-sledding and maple-syrup treats galore. And then she meets Jacques, a man as handsome and rugged as he is mysterious…

The two share a secret that could bond them forever, but can they find a way to break through the protective layers around their hearts to warm up this winter wonderland?

…let the snow-spangled adventure begin....



Released:   8th November 2012
Publisher:  Hodder
Goodreads:  Click here... 
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher

My Review  (9 out of 10)

So, this is the second Christmas book I have read this year and although I thought that I might have 'Christmas book burn out', I really haven't.  The author, Belinda Jones, is a completely new author to me too.  I had heard from friends that I should try a Belinda Jones novel and as it was Christmas I thought this was the best one to pick up.

I really loved the character of Krista.  We see her at the start of the story travelling to Quebec where she will be checking out the area and facilities etc to write up for a travel website she runs with a friend.  Throughout the story, Krista meetings a few different men who could be a possible match for her.  I liked how Krista 'evolved' throughout the story and even helped out other people to 'evolve' during parts of her story.  

This is stuck a great story about self-discovery, exploring the unknown and making unexpected friends...  Such a great story for this time of year...

Best wishes

Debs


0 comments: