8 Nov 2012

Author Interview: KW McCabe



In a thoughtless final act of destruction, humans awaken the one creature of legend they have no protection against. Years after the complete subjugation of the human race, Derek, heir of the Dragon Queen, and Cecily, create a tentative friendship. But something or someone is stalking the human enclave. Cecily and Derek must find out who and why before she's next.


LINK TO GOODREADS PAGE - CLICK HERE




1. If you could work with any other author, who would it be and why?
 Michelle Sagara West. Her stories are fantasy entertwined with absolutely awesome prose.

2. What would be a typical working day for you? When and where do you write?
A typical working day is me dragging myself out of bed, sending my kid off to school, then getting back on my bed to write on my laptop. Usually this is interrupted by twitter, facebook, and google+. I like to think of it as networking.

3. What is the hardest part of the writing for you?
 It really depends on the stage of the story. If I'm writing a novel, the middle is hardest to write. If I'm writing a sequel, the beginning is hardest to write. The easiest part of writing, for me, is always the end :)

4. When and why did you first start writing?
 I've been writing since I was five lol. I wrote this really aweful story about a diamond thief. I still don't know where that story went... I can't help writing, though. I'm not happy when I'm not writing something.

5. How did you come up with the idea for the book your book?
 Actually, I wanted to write something YA, but I HATED the idea of writing anything with vampires. A certain author killed them for me. *cough*Stephanie Meyers*cough* So, I thought, what about something not over-written? I know! Dragons! *grin*

6. Are you a big reader? If so, what are you reading now?
Yeah, I love reading more than I love writing, though I don't always have a lot of time. I just finished reading Michelle Sagara's book Cast in Peril. It was awesome.

7. Do you have any advice for other aspiring writers?
Join a writing group like the Internet Writing Workshop. Getting feedback from other writers is so important!


http://www.facebook.com/kywmccabe
http://kwmccabe.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/!!/kw_mccabe

0 comments: