12 Sept 2012

Book Review: Snow White and the Huntsman by Lily Blake et al

A breathtaking new vision of a legendary tale. Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman who was dispatched to kill her.

Publishing Date:  5th June 2012
Publisher: Atom
Source:   Review Copy from Publisher
Links:  Goodreads  /  Amazon.co.uk  /  Amazon.com      

My Review          6 out of 10
  
This is the first time I have read a book that is based on a movie.  I have read books that later became a movie but not the other way around.  This was a very interesting experience.  

For a spin on Snow White, I really enjoyed this story.  I liked the fact that it has been given a darker feel to the story.  This story was very short and basically what happens in the story is described in the blurb.  I didn't find many twists and turns that were surprising but the goodness of the story, for me, was the journey Snow White takes.

Although most of us know the story of Snow White, with this new spin I would have loved to have seen more back story with a few of the main characters and I did feel that there could have been more depth to the story than just the basic plot line.

All in all, I did enjoy the story and I am looking forward to catching up with the movie to see what happens with that and maybe, hopefully, see more of the story.

Best wishes

Debs :-)

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Cool post I have the book yet but I haven't read it yet