5 Sept 2012

Book Review: Ghoulfriends Forever by Gitty Daneshvari


Ghoulfriends Forever is a brand-new Monster High series, introducing three new monster characters. As new students, the trio must navigate the bewildering array of cute monster boys, established cliques, and monster-rific subjects like Mad Science, G-ogre-phy, and Physical Deaducation. As if that weren't hard enough, something strange and sinister seems to be happening at the school. Popular girls like Frankie Stein and Cleo de Nile are acting weird-and all signs point to everyone's new favorite teacher, Miss Sylphia Flapper. Can the new GFFs expose the fave as a fraud, or will they succumb to peer pressure?


Ghoulfriends Forever will be published by Atom on 5th September 2012, £5.99, Ages 8+

Source:   Review Copy from Publisher
Links:  Goodreads  /  Amazon.co.uk  /  Amazon.com 

My Review   

8 out of 10

I have to admit that I have not read a Monster High book before because they are not usually the type of book that I would pick up but having recently read and loved another of Gitty's books School of Fear (Click here to see my review) I really wanted to pick this up and give it a go.  

This is such a fun book.  What I really enjoyed about this book was the play on words throughout the story.  You have characters such as Venus Flytrapper and Sue Nami and names and places that sound like something completely different.  I thought that was hugely funny and got my giggling throughout this story.  

This is a middle grade book and, for me, the story was very simple with no surprises but if I was having a conversation with a younger me from long ago, this is definitely one of those books that I would recommend and something that I would love and enjoy.  

Best wishes

Debs

   

0 comments: