26 Aug 2012

Book Review - Cellar Doors by Lance Lacoax

On the outskirts of Willow, in the shadow of a frostbitten hillside, a pair of oak doors stand against the February cold. Doors that hide an ancient secret. A secret as old and decayed as the earth itself. And through the hollows, the lingering echo of children’s laughter rises and falls in cryptic rhythm.

In the wake of a grisly string of deaths, a handful of souls become entangled in a paranormal tale of lost hope, serial murder, and revenge. In their search for absolution, they find the line between the natural world, and the spiritually sinister, is easily blurred and often crossed.


Publication Date:  2nd April 2012

My Review:   10 out of 10

If you would prefer to see the video review, please see the end of this post.

I absolutely loved this book.   For me, this was a very creepy book right from the beginning.   Right from the start there is this feeling that there is someone else around, maybe watching and maybe waiting.  There is a dark secret that needs to be discovered.

There are a lot of characters  in this story, especially at the beginning.  It did take me a little while to figure out what was going on in the story but that was part of the fun of the story for me  For me, this story is very fast paced and I could not help speeding through this.  I liked the fact that the chapters were short.  When a chapter is short, I find it helps keep up the pace of the book and keep the action momentum going.  

This is a great suspense/thriller story that kept me on my toes right until the end.  Definitely very creepy but loved it!






Best wishes

Debs :-)

0 comments: