27 Jun 2012

BooK Review - Until I Die by Amy Plum (Book 2, Die for Me)

Below is the blurb for book 1 in the series, Die for Me.  If you would like to read the blurb for Until I Die (which I have not put here as I did not want to spoil the story line) can be found in the Goodreads link here.

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.
  

My Review:     8/10

I have to be honest and say that I am always very hesitant when I start to read the second book in any series, especially when I enjoyed the first book so much.  As I finished the first book in the series, Die for Me (which I loved), I was very intrigued to find out what would happen next.  This story certainly did not disappoint.  As with the first book, this had a lot of really fantastic action scenes between revenants.  There is still a lot of storyline with Kate and Vincent as well.  For me, a lot of the story was more like a waiting game, anticipating trouble but not sure when it is going to happen.  There is a lot of build up in this story, especially with Kate who goes through 'training'.

A really enjoyed second installment in this series and I am definately still left intrigued as to what is going to happen next.....


See below for my video review of Die for Me/Until I Die




Best wishes

Debs

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice review! I haven't read UNTIL I DIE yet, but I did like DIE FOR ME. I'm also super hesitant about picking up sequels since they often suffer what I like to call 'middle book syndrome'--where the whole book is 'building up' to something bigger and the plot and character developments suffer significantly as a result. Anyway, glad you did like it and I think I'll be checking this out in the near future!

<a href="teenagefiction.org>Nicole @ Teenage Fiction</a>