29 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday - Fathomless by Jackson Pearce

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly memo that is hosted by Breaking the Spine Blog.

 

Expected Release Date:   4th September 2012
(Release date obtained from Goodreads)


Goodreads link is here.



Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo.

Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality.

When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul


Best wishes 

Debs :-)

7 comments:

Obsession with Books said...

A nice pick! I haven't heard of this book before so thank-you for sharing.

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-30th-may.html

Kim said...

Haven't heard of this before but it sounds like a good read! Nice pick (: I'll be checking this out once it's released!

- Kim (new follower)
My WoW

Anonymous said...

Jackson Pearce and Maggie Stiefvater seem to be two authors who constantly churn out rather unique plots. I'd be sure to include this on my Christmas wishlist (yeah, that early..hehe) Thanks for sharing! ;)

Here's my WoW post, btw:

http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/waiting-on-wednesday-14/

- Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't heard of this one, either, but it does sound captivating. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Vee_Bookish said...

I can't wait for this one but I'm kinda surprised this cover doesn't match the previous two, I wonder if they plan to redo all the covers?

ComaCalm's Corner

Karis Jacobstein said...

So excited for the book, but rather pissed it doesn't match my other two in the series. Boo for that! I do love Jackson Pearce, and I'm thrilled that the release of this book is just a few short months away!

Check out my WoW!

Debra's Book Cafe said...

Thanks for all your comments guys! Re the covers, I think I read somewhere that they are redoing all the covers for the past books as well but that is something I heard, not sure if it is true... :-)