16 Feb 2012

Book Review - The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

In a modern-day take on the myth of Persephone, 18-year-old Kate Winters is thrust into a mythical world, where she must pass seven impossible tests and outsmart a spiteful god in order to save the life of not just her mother but of her captor as well.


My Review:

 What a great book.  I have to admit that I do not know a lot about greek mythology so it did take me a bit to try and figure out who was who (a couple that I had already heard before) but after reading this book I am definately going to be picking up more greek mythology books (fiction and non-fiction).  Although there was a bit in the middle where I felt it dragged for me, it was well worth the extra concentration effort as this book as such an explosive twist at the end it definately made me stand up and pay attention.


I absolutely loved this book.




Best wishes

Debs

0 comments: