29 Jan 2011

Book Review - His 'n' Hers by Mike Gayle

Hey guys,

This book has to be my favourite book of the week..... 

His 'n' Hers 
Published by Hodder

Number of pages - 368

My review - 100000000000 out of 10

From their first meeting at the student union over a decade ago, Jim and Alison successfully navigated their way through first dates, meeting parents, moving in together and more! Then they split up and divided their worldly goods (including a sofa, a cat and their flat) into his 'n' hers. Now, three years on and with new lives and new loves, they couldn't be happier. Until a chance encounter throws them back together, and causes them to embark on a journey through their past to ask themselves the big question: where did it all go wrong, and is it too late to put it all right? 

I loved this book and read it almost in one evening, it was that good...  I loved Mike Gayle's style of writing, which I found very easy to read and follow the story and I also loved the sense of humour and how Jim and Alison's relationship was dealt with in this book.  I am absolutely amazed that I had not found this book sooner....  Can't wait to read more of Mike Gayle's books....

For a more detailed review -



Best wishes

Debs

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds pretty good! I like the cover, too. I'm going to keep an eye out for this one. I've never heard of this author, but I may just have to take a trip to the library!