7 Aug 2010

Massive Book Haul - Amazon (Part One)

Hey there! A few days ago, I was online just looking through the Amazon website (as I do from time to time to see if there are any sales or bargains or new books that I want) and could not believe what I found.  As a bit of background, when I was a teenager, I was as much into books as I am now and there was collection of books written by author Ann M Martin called the Babysitters Club.  I had a few of the books but never got around to reading them all or reading them in any sort of order either.  
 
Well, I went online and found that I could get all the 'Specials' for around £2 to £3 each.  Bargain!  I had to have them!  I did toy with the idea of buying all the main books until I realised that there were over 132 of them.  I might collect those at some point but, for now, I will stick with the specials (which I am missing I believe about 2 more but will get those soon) that were delivered yesterday!   I was also pleased that I managed to get all of them (apart from the last one) in the same cover that I had when I was younger (which is the cover that looks like a house, its so pretty).   The other cover I am not so keen on as it does not look quite as colourful.
If anyone has read all the Babysitter Club books, I would love to hear from you....   If you are interested in these books, here is the link to the author website http://www.scholastic.com/annmartin/bsc/.

Of course, me being me I did not limit myself to just getting the Babysitter Club books!  I also picked up a book called Dreaming Anastasia: A Novel of Love, Magic, and the Power of Dreams by Joy Preble which sounded amazing and alsoThe Maeve Binchy Writers' Club, which looks like an amazing book that will help with my other resolution that I started this year.  

Ever since I was a teenager, I have always wanted to write whether it was stories, articles or novels.  Unfortunately, as a teenager I was very self-conscious and anything that I did write I ended up binning because I thought it was rubbish.  Such a shame now, looking back.  I have started a few projects but am very much still in the learning stage so I thought The Maeve Binchy Writers' Club was a fantastic book to start with.  What could be better than starting with a book giving advice on writing from such an amazing author.  I can't wait to read this one to see what I can learn.  

I hope you enjoyed my haul.  This is part one of two.  I placed a massive order with Amazon but the second half of my books have not come through yet so I shall do another post when they arrive.  

I hope you are having a great weekend so far.

Best wishes




2 comments:

Blair Mirth said...

I would love. love. love to hear about the writers club book. I love writing, live for it and I love books about writing.

As for the babysitters club I remember reading some as a teenager. Long, long time ago now, maybe when I was in my real early teenage years.

I look forward to your oncoming reviews.

titancia said...

I had BSC books as a child! I loved them so much that I started reading the Little Sister books. I started a list of sets of books I'd want my daughter to read some day (when I have one) and that series is on my list.