30 Aug 2010

Book Review – Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult


Oh my god, I have finally finished this book! I am so sad that I have had so much trouble reading this book as Jodi Picoult is one of my favourite authors and it really pains me to say that I really did not enjoy this book as much as I felt I should. For me, the description of places and things were too much and the story just dragged with nothing that would suck me into the story to keep on reading. 


I am afraid that this book really was not for me but don't let that put you guys off giving it a go if it is one that interests you. As I think I have mentioned before, I am not one for too much description in a book. If there is too much description I can lose my interest very quickly and I think this is what happened with me and this book... 


A very sad - 4 out of 10


Best wishes


3 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

This is one of the few Picoult novels that I've not yet read. I'll probably read it just so I can say I've read them all. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Debra's Book Cafe said...

Hi alisonwonderland! I am very sad that I did not enjoy it as Jodi Picoult is one of my favourite authors. I am very much looking forward to reading House Rules, which I have and is on my 'to be read' pile, which is growing larger every day! Best wishes

alisonwonderland said...

I read House Rules a few months ago. I haven't posted a review of it, but I really liked it. I hope you enjoy it!