11 Jul 2010

The Vanished Man by Jeffery Deaver

The Vanished Man (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel)

Forensic expert Lincoln Rhyme and his protégée Amelia Sachs are called in to work the high-profile investigation of a killer who seemingly disappeared into thin air just as the police closed in. As the homicidal illusionist baits them with grisly murders that grow more diabolical with each victim, Rhyme and Sachs must go behind the smoke and mirrors to prevent a horrific act of vengeance that could become the greatest vanishing act of all....


I was completely out of my comfort zone with this book. Normally, I like to read books written by people like Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult but this one my partner's mum was reading and I had a sneaky read of the back cover and immediately knew that I had to read this book. It is a bit like a cat and mouse game with detective Lincoln Rhyme (paralysed and bed bound) with the help of his assistant, tracks down a murder who seems to escape from locked rooms... Absolutely brilliant but I have to admit that I did not read this at night time, it gave me the creeps!

10 out of 10

0 comments: