30 Jul 2010

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Twilight (The Twilight Saga)
The #1 New York Times bestseller is available for the first time in a mass market paperback edition, featuring a striking movie tie-in cover.

Bella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.


For a while now I have escaped 'Twilight fever', until last week when my sister lent me her DVDs of Twilight and New Moon.  My sister kept raving about it so I thought I would give it a go.  Watching Twilight, I was immediately hooked.  I could not look away.  For the entire length of the movie I was glued to my seat trying hard not to blink at the screen and miss anything.  Immediately after, I watched New Moon and loved that too. 

The very next day, I went and bought Twilight, the first book and I have now just finished it and it was amazing!  I was expecting the book to be different from the movie but, apart from some slight details changed and more description, it was practically the same. 

This book took me completely out of my comfort zone as I usually read chick-lit, romance, thriller type stories and certainly not ones that feature vampires but I loved it....

1000 out of 10



0 comments: