11 Jul 2010

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

Message in a Bottle

If you thought The Notebook was a tearjerker, get out the hankies, pull up a chair, and get ready to have your heart monkey-wrenched by Nicholas Sparks's second star-crossed love story, Message in a Bottle. When Theresa Osborne takes a much-needed summer holiday at Cape Cod, she finds a lot more than a break from the hustle and bustle. On an early-morning jog along Cape Cod Bay, she comes across a corked bottle with a scrolled-up message inside that reads, "My Dearest Catherine, I miss you, my darling, as I always do, but today is especially hard because the ocean has been singing to me, and the song is that of our life together..."

 Divorcee Theresa Osborne thinks she is done with love, but when she plucks a message from a bottle found on the beach, she becomes obsessed with finding the man who had written a tender love letter to Catherine. 

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE both the book and the film.. The film is my absolute favourite movie of all time.. Have I mentioned that I love this story?!

I did make the mistake of watching the movie first and then read the book, which are both completely different and when reading the book I was slightly disappointed that the book was not the same... However, that said, I do have to say that watching the movie led me to my complete obsession with reading all of Nicholas Sparks' books, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 out of 10

0 comments: