11 Jul 2010

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

Book of Tomorrow (Perfect Paperback)

The magical new novel from number one bestseller Cecelia Ahern. Tamara Goodwin has always got everything she's ever wanted. Born into a family of wealth, she grew up in a mansion with its own private beach, a wardrobe full of designer clothes and all that a girl could ever wish for. She's always lived in the here and now, never giving a second thought to tomorrow. But then suddenly her dad is gone and life for Tamara and her mother changes forever. Left with a mountain of debt, they have no choice but to sell everything they own and move to the country. Nestled next to Kilsaney Castle, their gatehouse is a world away from Tamara's childhood. With her mother shut away with grief, and her aunt busy tending to her, Tamara is lonely and bored and longs to return to Dublin. When a travelling library passes through Kilsaney Demesne, Tamara is intrigued. Her eyes rest on a mysterious large leather bound tome locked with a gold clasp and padlock. What she discovers within the pages takes her breath away and shakes her world to its' core.

Once again this is a book written by Cecelia Ahern which absolute took my breath away...  I had this bought for me as a present for Christmas and it was one that I wanted to read but was not really excited about reading it, thinking that it would be just an average read with a normal story (this was also before I read 'If you could see me now, written by Cecelia Ahern when I knew that with her books things are not always what they seem). 

I was wrong, this was an amazing book which quite a few twists and turns.... Absolutely love it!

I am only going to deduct one point because I did feel in places there was a bit too much description and it took a while to get to the point but when you did get to the point, it was brilliant...

9 out of 10

 

0 comments: